"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things I do not understand about the gym....

Now that I am getting into this regular diet and exercise thing, I have started to notice more around me when I am at the gym.  Here is a recap of some of my observations:

  1. Why do some women think it is necessary to wear make-up while working out? by the time you are done working out you look like a crayon left out on the picnic table in the sun.  Not attractive ladies!
  2. Perfume, cologne, musk, body spray etc. the more you are the worse it is!
  3. Sequins, jewels, glitter, bedazzled, sparkles etc. not welcomed at the gym.  Too distracting and especially not necessary on your ass.
  4. Wording around your ass.  Why?  Are you getting paid to advertise something to me as I am on the elliptical behind you?
  5. Looking anything like Ke$ha while working out.  If you are too tired to get dressed, put on shoes and practice some general hygene you have more serious issues that I highly doubt a treadmill can fix!  I am just saying.
  6. People who concern themselves with your workout.  Don't be all up in what I am doing and trying to read my work out plan and calories burned.  That is between myself and the machine.  Not public knowledge! 
  7. I get feeling the burn and an intense workout but groaning, weird noises and the the machine actually moving for the position it was originally in is generally not a good sign.  Maybe time to slow it down and real it back in.
  8. 'Chatty Cathy's" I don't need to know about everyone on your blocks business.  You should go out for coffee or lunch with the person to discuss so and so kids or how Ethel cheated in last months lawn decorating contest.
  9. Attention this is not your home, living room own personal space!  You can't through your crap every where including but not limited to the majority of the machines around you.
  10. Talking very loud on your cell phone on personal calls.  Again I did not come to the gym to listen to your version of day time drama.  Save it for you momma.  No seriously the rest of us are not interested in what Jake, Mike and Susie did over the weekend.
There are some of my observations to date.  As I experience more I will make sure to share.  They never said the gym would be full of these type of distractions.  Here I thought I had to worry about getting myself to the gym and focused on my work out.  Now I know it is yet another social jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment