"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

Monday, January 3, 2011

Learn to embrace vegetables!

Okay so I have decided to embrace a healthier me.  What does this mean exactly?  Lifestyle changes to improve how I eat, exercising more and being more balanced in general. 

I started by seeing the nutritionist today.  This was a huge start for me.  I learned there are a lot of changes for me to make.  I need to start a food journal and write down everything I eat.  This concept scares me.  Here is my diet.

Breakfast: Drinkable yogurt, small bowl of cereal and coffee with skim milk and sugar

Morning snack: Fruit or piece of the mini baby bell cheese

Lunch:
1.) Sandwich with one slice of swiss cheese and turkey. (I will be looking into variations of sandwich options)
2.) Salad with protein included and small serving of crackers or chips. 

Afternoon snack: 
1.) stoneyfield or greek yogurt with 1 tbsp of granola
2.) fruit and cheese
3.) 6 to 7 wheat thins with mini baby bell cheese
4.) 1/2 Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
5.) 1 tbsp peanut butter with 1/2 banana or apple
6.) 1 and a 1/2 tbsp peanut butter with celery
7.) Oatmeal packet

Dinner: HALF THE PLATE SHOULD BE VEGETABLES.
The remaining half should be 1/4 protein and 1/4 starch. Starch can be 1 cup cooked pasta, 1/2 cup of cooked rice or potatoes, or 1 small baked potato or 1 small sweet potato.

I have started throwing out all the items that do not make sense and I have started with a brand new food list as well as some recipe websites, motivational quotes, and other websites that have tools and gadgets to keep me on track.  I CAN DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment