"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Update from Nephrologist visit

So I had my long anticipated Nephrologist visit today.  Overall it was a very positive visit.  He said I look good and physical examination yielded nothing that would cause him to be overly concerned.  I am going to contact Harvard to participate in a new genetic study.  I will keep you updated as to how this goes as well.

Here are the stats:
Weight 178 (down 2 pounds)
Blood pressure 129 over 90 not terrible but not great
Protein 2 plus
I will update the creatine, bun, cholesterol and others once the lab results are back in.

  1. What is my current kidney function?- need labs to determine
  2. What medications do I need to start if any? would like to start a blood pressure and possibly cholesterol medication
  3. What birth control should I go back on? he did not have a preference
  4. Can I have another baby? yes
  5. If I can have another baby how soon should I try? he advised to wait 1 year work on healing from this pregnancy and get the protein back under control
  6. I have been having pain, stiffness and locking in both of my feet.  Is this something I should be concerned about? This is normal for someone with protein leakage and he will check the labs to see if there is anything to be concerned about.
I will follow up for my yearly physical with my general practitioner either end of April or beginning of May.  My next appointment with the obgyn will be in June.

As for the nutritionist and the personal trainer I have my first appointment for a session this Thursday and will be doing this once a week going forward.  The other 2 days at the gym are on me!  The nutritionist provided me a food diary as she would like to see my current eating habits and lab results before we design a plan that is right for me.

I am feeling okay after all of this.  I will keep you posted as to how the labs come back and my experience with the personal trainer. 

2 comments:

  1. GREAT news! I'm so glad the appointment went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my husband and I were very excited after the visit. I remain cautiously optimistic until the lab results are back in.

    ReplyDelete