"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Remembering how much dieting sucks.....

So I had my fun for sure in terms of eating terrible when I was pregnant.  This almost lead to gestational diabetes.   Now I am reigning myself back in and I remember that this needs to be a lifestyle change and not just a quick fix diet.  I have to get a handle on portion control and what I am eating to ensure I am better to my body and my kidney's.  Next step is a custom meal plan with the nutritionist!  I really need to keep myself away from the comfort foods and comfort eating, especially when I am stressed. 

Today I am feeling soar from Tuesday's work out with the trainer and  I have really bad cramps in my lower back.  My kidney's way of telling me they are not happy!  Thanks for letting me know!  I am definitely nervous for next week's Nephrologist appointment.  


1 comment:

  1. Dieting is SO HARD! Hope the nutritionist helps. I switched my diet to a largely plant based diet & its helped me feel really well. Watch the documentary "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" It's really inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete