"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It has been a while....BUT I AM BACK!

I realized I have been neglecting my bogging duties.  I have given this blog some thoughts and have decided to redirect this and be brutally honest about what it is like being a mom with FSGS.  That's right since I last posted when I was pregnant I have since had a beautiful baby girl named Bridget.  I went hog wild and eat whatever I wanted and stopped exercising during pregnancy this was a HUGE mistake.  Thus the reason I am back to posting again to keep me motivated and honest with myself.  I have made a commitment to a lifestyle change.  I plan to use this blog to post about how I am doing: my ups and downs, my eating and exercising goals and how my kidney disease is progressing all while being a new mom! 

I am currently pumping although we just found out my daughter is allergic to cow's milk.  She has a hard time breaking down the protein and coupled with acid reflux we find that Soy milk formula is better for her.  I will be weaning myself of of this over the next few weeks.

I also had my first consult with a personal trainer and dietitian yesterday.  She has lupus and is very familiar with my dietary needs for my kidney.  Since I had an emergency c-section due to my high blood pressure and that my labor was not progressing I have abdominal separation so we will be working on strength training with a combination of physical therapy.  I need to loose 45 pounds of body fat.  This does not mean I will be 45 pounds lighter it just means I will be replacing fat pounds with muscle pounds. 

Next week (4/10/12) I have an appointment with my Nephrologist to see what medications if any I have to go back on for my FSGS.  While I was pregnant it seems my FSGS went into remission.  I am hoping figures crossed this continues. 

Post pregnancy Stats:
Weight 180
Height 5'5
Body fat 37.3% considered extremely high

Pregnancy labs: (will update after 4/10/12)
Protein leakage trace 1++
Bun 11
Creatinine .82
Cholesterol 176
Glucose 87

Medications and vitamins:
Prenatal vitamins
1 capsule 550 mg ginger root
2 capsules 2000 mg cranberry fruit concentrate with 100 mg vitamin C and 3 IU's vitamin E
1 Beta Carotene vitamin A 10,000 IU
3 Acidophilus plus Probiotic with 100 mg of citrus pectin

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting back into the swing of things. I find that blogging is the one thing that keeps me honest with myself, so hopefully you'll have the same experience.

    You're creatinine and cholesterol are EXCELLENT, so that's fantastic! Best of luck in this next phase, and give that little beauty a snuggle from a stranger in Minnesota :)

    ReplyDelete