"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

Saturday, August 6, 2011

why does pregnancy = no fashion?

Okay so I have decided to redirect the direction of this blog and begin to talk about my pregnancy experience.

Few things to state up front:
  1. I am 13 weeks pregnant
  2. I lost 25 pounds prior to pregnancy
  3. I have completely lost the will to work out
  4. Since learning I am pregnant we have gutted our entire kitchen as part of a home improvement project
  5. I have FSGS this is a kidney disease I have had since I am 6 years old.  This make my pregnancy high risk.
  6. I am a shoe addict!  I have had to tamper back my heel height.
  7. Prior to pregnancy I considered myself a fashionable person - these days leggings and sweat pants are so appealing!
I think that covers the need to knows.  So my first topic is why does pregnancy automatically mean there is no such thing as style?  And will someone please tell me who thought it was a good idea to name a maternity line Moody Mamas.  Yes we are freakin moody but why are you going to remind of us that?  What once use to be an exercise in retail therapy is now just another frustration I would prefer not to take part in. 

Here are the store I have found so far that are not ridiculously expensive and still have some style in maternity clothes:
  • Old Navy
  • Loft 
  • Gap
  • Target - however they are the ones with the line titled Moody Mamas

No comments:

Post a Comment